18th January 2021
Dry January at The Fairmile
Now more than ever people are choosing to give up alcohol during the month of January. It’s part of the Dry January scheme and it’s grown in popularity over the last few years and more and more people are choosing to do it as a New Year's resolution.
According to the British Liver Trust, “A YouGov poll released has revealed that an estimated 4.2 million people in the UK are already planning to do Dry January in 2019. That’s about one in ten people who drink. They will stop drinking alcohol for one month to feel healthier, save money and improve their relationship with alcohol long term.”
So, what if you’d like to participate? We’ve gathered some of our top tips to help you be successful in your pledge:
• Purchase a juicer. You’ll be able to experiment with new and exciting flavours, such as vegetable and fruit juices.
• Start a fitness routine and set yourself an exercise goal. Alcohol and exercise don’t mix, so now is the opportune time to create new, healthy habits.
• Take the pledge with your spouse or a close friend. There’s strength in numbers.
• Plan events that are not associated with alcohol, so you won't be tempted by a tipple.
• Purchase non-alcoholic beers. The quality and range of non-alcoholic beers are regularly increasing.
• Get a jar for your savings. Take all the money you would be spending on alcoholic beverages and put it in plain sight to show you how well you’ve been doing. Treat yourself when the time is right!
• If you like wine, why not try sparkling cider or non-alcoholic wine? While your options will be limited, there are a few brands available at large supermarkets.
Read more on our blog
Read more on our blog to keep up to date with recipes and everything going on at our restaurant.